Monday, January 12, 2009

Support Letter


In case you missed it, here is my support letter I sent out this fall. If you wish you may still support me financially, just email me for details. Otherwise I appreciate your prayers!

------
Designing a World of Hope
15 October 2008

Greetings everyone:
These past three and a half years have been amazing. I’m more than halfway through my collegiate experience, studying architecture in my fourth year at Kansas State and I’m engaged to the beautiful Kelly Sue Kramme! I would never have imagined how much I would be blessed and how far I would be stretched. I’m learning and growing as a designer and God has given me great opportunities here in Manhattan. I teach Sunday school to high school youth at a local Korean church, am a part of a couple of great bible studies, and have found an fantastic group of friends who are passionate about seeing God move on campus – and He is moving! This spring semester the College of Architecture has asked all 4th year students to either study abroad or intern with an architectural firm. Many of my friends will be experiencing Europe, but God has opened the doors to an incredible opportunity to serve an internship with Engineering Ministries in India!
I am blown away by how awesome God is. A little over a year ago I was challenged with a vision to live my life to glorify God and advance His Kingdom. God gave me a passion to be a light in the world and to use my time and talents to serve others. Working with Engineering Ministries International will give me the opportunity to use the skills I’m learning to provide people in need with free, professional design services. EMI has been involved in over 700 projects in more than 85 countries, designing hospitals, churches, schools, orphanages and water systems in places where those facilities are desperately needed. As an intern at EMI’s India office, I will help produce final reports for projects the office completes throughout South Asia as well as work alongside professional architects and engineers actively taking part in the design process. I will have the opportunity to experience Indian culture, travelling throughout the country to visit sites, and serve the community of Mussoorie - volunteering with local churches, playing with children at the orphanage and helping out in the community. I will surely grow in ways I can’t even imagine.
I am writing you today because I want you to be a part of this experience with me. I need your prayers. When we pray, God moves. I have seen God move so much in my life and on campus. Prayer is powerful and effective – and I am convinced of nothing less. I ask that you pray for my endurance as I finish this semester. Pray for my preparation, for travel arrangements and safety. Pray that I would model Christ in every moment wherever I am. I also ask you to prayerfully consider supporting me financially. Because EMI provides their services free of charge, their entire staff and interns are asked to raise support to cover their expenses. I need to raise $7000. God will provide because he has promised it. He has called us to be intimately involved in His work and I ask you to please support me in any way that you feel led to give. Whether or not you feel called to support me financially, please pray for me.
I cannot imagine what God will do in the six months I’ll be in India but I know that it will be amazing. I am so excited to see what He has in store for me and for the work of EMI. May God bless you and move in your life as powerfully as I see Him moving in mine.
Love,
Harry Staab

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's really crazy.

If I had a million dollars to spare I can't think of any other person (excluding the homeless and ill and all that) that would deserve it as much

:) but i dont
and I have like 20 dollars. and postage is like half of that...lol.