Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Almost Home

Dear friends and family and anyone else who reads this,

Today is my last full day in Mussoorie. Tomorrow in the afternoon I will leave this beautiful place, board a train for Delhi and fly back to the place I call home. The mountains that have come back to view after a heavy monsoon shower will be a memory. Driving lanes will suddenly safely separate me from oncoming traffic. "Fixed rate" prices will be the norm. The silly foreigner tax will be replaced with prices expensive for everyone! Haha.

I'm in this silly and confused state and I'm not sure what to think or to write. There is so much I have left to do and today is filled with scrambling here and there to pick up this and that and say goodbye to so and so.

I'm going to miss this place and the people I've met. That's about all I know.

I'm coming home. And leaving home. What a strange feeling. Maybe I'll cry later. Oh bother, you know men don't cry.

Can't wait to meet all you in the place I'm coming back to and to share with you some stories and pictures and love from India.

I hope this blog was a blessing to all who read it. I hope to continue to share thoughts as I reflect away from this place.

Love,
Harry

No comments: