Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm getting blog lazy

Just as most things in my life, I get really excited about it and after a month I get bored of it. So it would seem my blog is getting fewer and fewer updates so here are some highlights:
We were invited to a friend's house last week and helped prepare dinner (I got to chop mutton with a hatchet and slice it with a Nepali kukuri knife), ate very well and had an epic dance party. We then sat and had chai while we heard an amazing testimony of how God saved a Buddhist militant rebel from the jaws of death and brought him into the Kingdom of Life.
We explored more of Mussoorie and found a couple of awesome cafes. Food is so delicious here. After church last Sunday we heard another great testimony of how God spoke to a young Hindu man's heart and revealed to him The One True God through prayer.
We rode on a crazy mountain rode in a Scorpio, GeoMetro like car, and three motorcycles - one with a bald front tire! We drove through random hillside villages who you could tell have not seen many white people! Somehow we made it alive to stand on top of a magnificent lookout of the Himalayas to the north. I don't think we've seen them so clear! Please see my flickr page to see what I saw!
A couple of days ago we went with a local who has started a medical ministry in the villages around Mussoorie. Nearly every day he walks one to three hours to give medicine to the sick and poor. Even though some of the medicine is expensive, he only asks them to pay within their means - usually between rs5-10 (10-20 cents!). His ministry takes care of a few widows who have no land or family to take care of them. It was so cool to walk to one of the villages with him and to learn about his ministry and the vision he has! I'm blown away by how big most Indian msnries dream here! My feet are sore...
Working with EMI has been very fruitfull and fun. I'm working on the master plan for Maharastra Village Ministries. I am working hard because I want to see their vision come to life with the new campus they asked us to design! It's so cool to be apart of projects with real clients, and real meaning. It's also been so nice to be free from the distraction of broadband while working with EMI. I've never felt so productive. I hope and I think you should pray that God would develop in me good disciplines for when I come home. Already I am trying to break my habit of biting and picking my nails and they're longer than they've ever been! Just in case you cared. My beard is also longer than its ever been. I can't wait to show you what Matt and I are doing with our beards on Friday...
India is good. Hope all is well. If you get a chance, buy and listen to Caedmon's Call's album "Share the Well." It's written mostly from their travels in India and is very moving I think.
Love,
Harry

1 comment:

Juli said...

Don't get lazy.......I like to hear about your adventures. By the way, I'm listening to Caedmon's Call right now. Good stuff.